I contemplate the universe daily.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Why am I doing this?

I've always been interested in blogging. I tend to watch a lot of cable tv and all the politic pundits seem to have one, none of which I've ever read, and I guess that's their way of telling people what they really think. For me, I want people to know how I feel and think about things, but I also want to know what they think. My buddy Daryl says I don't need a blog so much as I need a forum, but my goal isn't to change what or how people think because I really don't want people to try and change me. I just need facts so that I can make my own decisions. I'm a simple man of average intelligence (some beg to differ) and ability, but I have both of my eyes open. I observe the world in my own way, not influenced by anyone or anything.



I want to talk about life, family, friends, food, beer, sports, golf, weight loss, work and of course politics. I try to make light of all those things. I listen to everything around me because people say a lot of funny things. I want to pass them on. People say a lot of stupid things and I want to pass them on too. I hope this blog will make people laugh, try the things I try, and maybe think about the things that I have concerns about.


I hope to get comments from everyone, I want to know how you feel about the things I talk about. It doesn't matter if we agree.

3 comments:

  1. I still think you need a forum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs are better than forums--by a long shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if he would have went with a forum, there would be more than two topics. But then again, maybe that's why you were saying its better. Sometimes less is more. Especially if your a fencepost leaning right.

    ReplyDelete