I contemplate the universe daily.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why do women, Democrats and Liberals hate Sarah Palin so much?

I can understand all of the uptight women in America who want to have control of their bodies (meaning they want the right to have an abortion) hating her. She had a Down's Syndrome baby that a lot of women who are more focused on their future careers or opportunities would have aborted instead. That was her choice. But I'm confused about their other reasons for hating her. I see her as someone who women should look up to. Everyone thinks she is a idiot, but look at some of the women holding political offices right now, ex. Nancy Pelosi. When Nancy speaks, who listens? Definitely not the House of Representatives she's the Speaker for. Palin has held a high office (even if it was just being governor of Alaska) and is very comfortable with who she is as a woman. I see a strong woman who's not really afraid of what people think of her, says what she really thinks instead of what some political handler has told her to say and is focused on trying to help America AS A WOMAN. I would think women's organizations would flock to her. I've been close to Sarah (within 50 feet of her at a rally in Jeffersonville, Indiana) and she is electrifying, just as much as Obama (who I haven't been within 50 feet of) and a whole heck of a lot better looking to boot. Does that make me a sexist? Could that be why Palin is hated by women, because she doesn't look like Nancy Pelosi? Plain spoken, a strong presence with some good looks thrown in. Is that the problem?


I've never seen a woman out in the public eye that has made a president of the United States nervous like she has. Now you can't count Hillary making Bill nervous over Monica okay. Palin holds no political office and hasn't said she's running for president. Yet Robert Gibbs feels the need to make light of her during a press conference over notes written on her hand. He's the spokesman for a president that can't communicate with his family at dinner without a teleprompter, that's according to the Onion News Network who I feel is just as a legitimate news organization as MSNBC and the Huffington Post now. So what's the problem with a few points or facts written on her hand when she gave a pretty good speech without the aid of teleprompters. I say it's fear. But could that be the liberal's strategy. I truly don't believe she can win the Republican primary to be there nominee for president. I myself would not vote for her in the primary here unless their was truly no other alternative But I would vote for her as president against Obama, unless he somehow gets a clue on what the majority of Americans want and helps the country out of the mess it's instead of making it worse. Liberals in my opinion are hurting themselves by bringing her into the forefront of their attacks on conservatives. I don't think the teaparties won't be able to have a national candidate for president, so when November 2012 comes around "teabaggers" and independents, disillusioned by the spending and tax increases that we will have to have to pay for the spending, will flock to the polls and usher in a president from the other side of the tracks. Will the country be any better off? Not really. The question is how bad of a shape will we be in 4 years from now?


So why do they hate her? Is it really serving their political ambitions to hate her so openly? Have the liberals and the progressives missed their chance at pushing a social healthcare system on us by letting this year go by with no legislation passing in a Democratic controlled Congress? Is attacking Palin now in a time where the Democrats could possibly lose 20-30 seats in the House and 4-6 in the Senate smart. Palin is a fund raising machine right now, even with having notes written on her hand. The president is worried about big cooperations funding ads during the upcoming elections, looks to me like MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC and not so much now CNN are doing a better job at raising money than the Supreme Court and their radical decisions are. I say as a conservative if you want to lose control liberals, keep up the good work on Palin, because it's coming

7 comments:

  1. New word for the day from urban dictionary:

    redneck teleprompter
    Crib notes written on a public speaker's hand in order to remind him or her what to say during a speech or interview.

    used in a sentence:
    Sarah Palin glanced at her redneck teleprompter during her interview a the Tea Party Conference in Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...I strongly disagree with everything that you stated. I especially disagree with the statement about women not liking her because of her looks? I am a woman and I also have two eyes as you stated and a brain and therefore make my decisions and opinions based on real issues that affect me or are important to me. I have never judged Palin or looked at her based on her looks. I would never admire her as a role model of what a woman should be or would ever be. The very fact that she quit her job as governor is the very reason she is not a role model to me as a woman. She is so out of touch with reality. The fact that she had to write notes on her hand that are core issues/ values or talking points that the republican party have stood for, for most or their existence kind of shows her lack of substance to me. The very fact that she cannot remember core values or subject matters to her party then I can only make the assumption that she just says what she thinks she is supposed to say to be popular and in the news. As a woman I would never choose a candidate based on their looks or judge them on this quality. It's a person man or woman intelligence, ideas and what they stand for that makes me want to vote for them either dem/ rep/ or independent. Who cares what they look like? Not me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... I've re-read your blog and that's great that you have an opinion and a "forum" for you to state your "opinions" but are there any facts to back up the info or is it just opinions? I went back to read my comment and hope that I did not have spelling errors and realized that I left out something in my comment. It should have said, "The fact that she quit the governor is ONE OF MANY REASONS she is not a role model to me." But, the more I read this the more offensive it is to me as a woman and to all women because of the general assumptions and statements made about women in relation to Palin. The comments about Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, and your abortion general assumption about "a lot" of women really bother me. I'm proud to say that I'm not one of those women. But, the statement you made "She had a Down's Syndrome baby that a lot of women who are more focused on their future careers or opportunities would have aborted instead" may be the most offensive all. Do you really think this of women? or just liberal women? I can only assume this after reading this... and it's just my "opinion" that you believe all women should just sit back and not have a career or have opportunities?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To answer your comments Regina, I don't think I said that the reason why women hated her was because of her looks. I think I asked "was" that reason women hate her. And as for making general assumptions about "women", I believe I was clear about which women I was talking about. "Uptight women in America who want control of their on bodies" and "women who are more focused on their future careers or opportunities" isn't that vague or general to me. I really don't know any women that fit in those categories myself, but I have watched the heads of some women's organizations on TV that fit into them. Not liking her for quitting her job I could understand that if she just quit to travel and make money, but I thought she quit to save the state money on defending her against charges brought people from outside of the state for ethics volations or something to that effect. I believe it was going to cost the state in the neighborhood of a million dollars to defend her so when resigned for some reason the charges went away. Go figure.

    As far as facts go, nothing in here needed facts. It's just observations and questions I think. I did say the president is nervous, if not then why try to smear her? Palin being a money making machine, I've heard Democratic pundits say that. No one listening to Nancy Pelosi, she can't get bills passed by her own party, so as Speaker of the House you would think if she was in control she could do that.

    As far as women having careers, I think that they should have the same opportunities as men. I in no way think women should sit at home unless they are raising children. My wife works, has a great job and provides a large part of our income and has great benefits. I appreciate her for what she does. I'm against sexual harassment in the work place against women and as I said they should have the same opportunities as men if they are qualified to do the job.

    I may have stretched the truth a little on the Onion News Network, but not by much. All three stations make me laugh and finding the truth in what they say with facts is hard to do sometimes. But that was more for comic relief than anything else.

    I'm sorry that you took my statements and the questions I asked in that way, but I'm looking for reasons as to why they hate Palin so much. I'm still looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have so much to say, but can't figure out how to type it quick enough. I am a PRO-Choice woman and I get so irritated when people jump up and make assumptions on ALL of us.

    First of all abortion may be morally and ethically wrong, I'm not one to judge, but it is MY body and I want to choose for myself what I want to do with it. Not allow the government to make that chose for me. Hence the words, PRO-CHOICE.

    About Palin, it's not hate or loathing, to me, it's good humor. I'm with Regina on the fact that "winners never quit and quitters never win." She left Alaska for one reason--the Benjamins. It surely was not for the greater good of mankind.

    I guess the main reason I will NEVER vote for her is this...her intelligence is mediocre at best, and we are the most powerful nation in the world, if they will let her run it...they should let me run it! Do I think I can run the good Ol' US of A? Hell NO! Which leads me to believe she couldn't run it either.

    And in case you are wondering, in our greatest times of growth and prosperity, brains propelled this great nation forward not our "electrifying" chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy, I agree with you and it being your body to do what you will with it. I'm not necessarily pro-life, I believe in some instances abortion if that's what the woman want is justified. My problem I guess with abortion is the ease at which a 15 or 16 year old girl can get one without parents consent. I know their isn't a lot of parenting going on right now in America, but still if you are responsible or irresponsible enough to have sex and become pregnant it shouldn't be that easy to abort a living being. How about ststes where a man can kill a pregnant woman and be charged with two murders, but that same woman can go and have an abortion with no consequences. What's up with that? I agree with being charged with the two murders, but I struggle with no consequences on the abortion.

    On voting for Palin, I said in the primaries I wouldn't if their's a better candidate, but if she gets the nod, I'm going with "You betcha". She isn't the smartest, but I agree with her more than I do liberals right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fencepost,
    I have a question for you. I noticed you said in your comment "it shouldn't be that easy to abort a living being". Seeing that you acknowledge that an unborn child is a "Living Being", when would it be appropriate to abort that same "Living Being".

    ReplyDelete